Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
4 cups butternut squash (peeled, seeded, diced)
2 cups coconut milk (water and meat of young coconut(s) pureed)
4 dates (pitted)
1 large, ripe banana
1 teaspoon curry (yellow is best)
¼ teaspoon allspice, dry ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, or red chili flakes, (approximately to your taste)
Sprinkle of salt
1. Place diced squash in warm water (under 120 F) to pre-heat. This will also soften it a bit
2. Blend in Vita-mixer (or other strong blender).
3. Drain squash retaining soaking water.
4. Add warmed squash and blend until creamy adding a little bit of warm soaking water as needed to keep blending.
5. Serve in pre-warmed bowls with a sprinkle of finely chopped walnuts or pecans for garnish, if desired.
1Christine's ThoughtsBy 1Christine
Warming, satisfying, and creamy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Natural Hair ColorClaireT - 5 hours 49 min ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 4 days 22 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 1 week 15 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 1 day ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 1 day ago