Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
1 cup Butternut Squash, Grated
1 cup Pine Kernels
4 Dried Apricots, Soaked till soft
1 tablespoon Agave Nectar or Honey
1 pinch Garlic Powder
1 pinch Onion Powder
1 pinch Paprika
1 pinch Cinnamon
1 pinch Cumin Powder
1 pinch Turmeric
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Pepper
- Grate one Zucchini and the Butternut Squash into a bowl.
- Ground Â½ of the Pine Kernels and add to the mix along with the un-ground ones.
- Chop the soft Apricots into small chunks and add to the mixture.
- Add the Agave Nectar or Honey and mix in well.
- Now in another bowl mix all the spices together (this is so we donâ€™t end up with the spices not getting evenly mixed in) and then mix into your main mixture and set aside while you do the next stage.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices length ways down the Zucchini. With these slices lay one on top of the other to form a cross.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the Moroccan Butternut Squash mix in the middle and then bring the ends of the Zucchinis up to cross over the top to seal the parcel.
- Now these can be eaten like this but for best results place in the dehydrator for 4 Â½ hours to firm up.
Serve with a nice fresh green salad.
Veganbear's ThoughtsBy veganbear
A great lunch snack with the taste of Morocco but even better as a dinner dish to be eaten with friends.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Greetings All!ClaireT - 23 hours 37 min ago
Obligatory welcome postClaireT - 23 hours 39 min ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaireT - 23 hours 44 min ago
Should we supplement on a raw diet.RawLifer - 1 day 5 hours ago
Frequently Asked Questions / GlossaryRawLifer - 1 day 6 hours ago