Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
1 cup Butternut Squash, Grated
1 cup Pine Kernels
4 Dried Apricots, Soaked till soft
1 tablespoon Agave Nectar or Honey
1 pinch Garlic Powder
1 pinch Onion Powder
1 pinch Paprika
1 pinch Cinnamon
1 pinch Cumin Powder
1 pinch Turmeric
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Pepper
- Grate one Zucchini and the Butternut Squash into a bowl.
- Ground ½ of the Pine Kernels and add to the mix along with the un-ground ones.
- Chop the soft Apricots into small chunks and add to the mixture.
- Add the Agave Nectar or Honey and mix in well.
- Now in another bowl mix all the spices together (this is so we don’t end up with the spices not getting evenly mixed in) and then mix into your main mixture and set aside while you do the next stage.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices length ways down the Zucchini. With these slices lay one on top of the other to form a cross.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the Moroccan Butternut Squash mix in the middle and then bring the ends of the Zucchinis up to cross over the top to seal the parcel.
- Now these can be eaten like this but for best results place in the dehydrator for 4 ½ hours to firm up.
Serve with a nice fresh green salad.
Veganbear's ThoughtsBy veganbear
A great lunch snack with the taste of Morocco but even better as a dinner dish to be eaten with friends.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is a subsitution for nutritional yeast ?foods - 14 min 34 sec from now
Daylight Diet and two meals a dayforeverafs - 6 hours 41 min ago
Will hyperthyroidism cause tooth decay?joycey - 1 day 7 hours ago
Has anyone bought a Vita Mix from the US for use in Europe?TammiTrue - 1 day 19 hours ago
parchment paper and dehydrating timeworkoutman4252 - 1 day 20 hours ago