Yield6 small cakes
1/2 cup buckwheaties (sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat)
2 medjool dates
5 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 ripe avocado
7 tablespoons carob
1 teaspoon orange zest (from about 1 orange)
Make the bases:
1. Process half of the buckwheaties into a fine powder in the mini processor.
2. Place the processed buckwheaties, along with the whole buckwheaties into a small bowl. Sieve 4 tbsp of the carob into the bowl.
3. Place a medjool date and 4 tbsp of the orange juice into the mini processor and process until you have a syrup.
4. Pour the syrup into the bowl with the buckwheaties and carob and mix really well until you have a thick dough that sticks together when you press it.
5. Form the mixture into 6 bases using a 2-inch biscuit cutter as a mould.
Make the topping:
1. Place the other medjool date and 1 tbsp orange juice into the mini processor and process until you have a syrup.
2. Scoop out the avocado and put into a bowl, along with the date syrup, 3 tbsp sieved carob and ¾ tsp orange zest.
3. Mash the avocado into the other ingredients, combining well until you have a smooth chocolately mousse.
4. Spoon the mousse onto the buckwheat bases and top with the remaining orange zest.
Pathlesstrodden's ThoughtsBy pathlesstrodden
I created this dessert specially for a recent raw food demonstration and lunch. My guinea pigs loved it! They were even more amazed to try a dessert made from avocado. This healthy fruit, rich in natural oils gives a perfect way to make an easy raw-vegan mousse. I combined it with a crunchy buckwheat base to provide a rich, smooth couple-of-bite-size desserts. Enjoy!
If you don’t have buckwheaties, you could try making the base with oats, or ground almonds/sunflower seeds.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Detox Rash?????Harmony1 - 9 hours 54 min ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?ClaireT - 1 day 9 hours ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthClaireT - 1 day 9 hours ago
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 6 days 10 hours ago
Activated Living Hemp FoodsTammiTrue - 6 days 10 hours ago