Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield5 large slices
2 pinches of sea salt
1 dessert spoon mesquite powder
3/4 cup dry figs (put in soaking water)
1 dessertspoon agave nectar
2 ripe mangoes (a ripe mango smells of nectar)
3/4 cup cashews
Pinch of sea salt
Zest from 1 organic lime
5 dessertspoons lime juice
2 1/2 tablespoons coconut butter
1. Soak the dry figs in water for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make a flour of the pecans. Put in a bowl and set aside.
3. Process the soaked figs into a fig-paste.
4. Add the pecan-flour and rest of the ingredients and process until you have a dough ball.
5. Press it into a spring pan and with your hands, form a crust. Even the surface with a spoon. Put in the fridge to rest.
7. If you have a powerful blender/food processor, just put all the ingredients in and process.
8. Otherwise, make a nut-flour of the cashews first, then add the mango, lime, coconut butter, and salt. Pour the filling over the pie crust and put in the fridge while you make the kiwi-balls.
The Raw Dessert Kitchen's ThoughtsBy The Raw Dessert Kitchen
This is a lovely cream pie! It has a sweet and hearty crust of pecans and figs, a fresh filling with mango, and a sting of lime.
It is decorated with kiwi eggs made with a melon baller. I didn't have a melonballer at home, but I did have measuring cups in form of melonballers, so I used the smallest one I could find, it worked just as well!
If you want to presoak them the night before, just pop them in with the rest of the ingredients, but make sure to add the fig-paste last.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 9 hours 55 min ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!ClaireT - 9 hours 58 min ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 10 hours 17 sec ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 3 days 11 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?michele4131 - 4 days 20 hours ago