Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield5 large slices
2 pinches sea salt
1 dessertspoon mesquite powder
3/4 cup dry figs, put in soaking water
1 dessertspoon agave nectar
2 ripe mangos (a ripe mango smells of nectar)
3/4 cup cashews
a pinch sea salt
zest from one organic lime
5 dessertspoons lime juice
2.5 tablespoons coconut butter
1. To make the crust, soak the dry figs in water for 15 min.
2. Meanwhile, make a flour of the pecans. Put in a bowl and set aside.
3. Process the soaked figs into a fig-paste.
4. Add the pecan-flour and rest of the ingredients and process until you have a dough ball.
5. Press it into a spring pan and with your hands, form a crust. Even the surface with a spoon. Put in the fridge to rest.
6. Next, make the mango/lime filling. If you have a powerful blender/food processor, just put all the ingredients in and process. (Otherwise, make a nut-flour of the cashews first, then add, the mango, lime, coconut butter and salt. Pour the filling over the pie crust and put in the fridge while you make the kiwi-balls! I didn't have a "melon baller" at home, but I did have measuring cups in form of melon ballers, so I used the smallest one I could find, it worked just as well!)
The Raw Dessert Kitchen's ThoughtsBy The Raw Dessert Kitchen
This is a lovely cream pie! It has a sweet and hearty crust of pecans and figs, and a fresh filling with mango and a sting of lime.
It is decorated with kiwi eggs, made with a "melon baller".
If you want to pre soak them the night before, just pop them in with the rest of the ingredients, but make sure to add the fig-paste at last.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 11 hours 54 min ago
Anyone going through menopause and raw?ClaireT - 13 hours 23 min ago
i need serious help!bobsm - 1 day 4 hours ago
Water from older coconutsClaireT - 1 day 9 hours ago
I was wondering if anyone here makes sauerkraut?Romey - 1 day 19 hours ago