Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
YieldMade 15 burgers of considerable size
2 tablespoons cumin seed (ground 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon coriander seed
2 tablespoons salt
8 cloves garlic
2 carrots (chopped)
1 cup sun-dried tomato (soaked til soft)
1/8 cup olive oil
¼ cup raw soy sauce
3 scallions (diced/minced)
4 celery stalks (diced)
1 medium zucchini (diced)
1½ cups pumpkin seeds (soaked)
1½ cups pistachios (soaked)
½ cup sprouted quinoa (optional)
1. Soak pumpkin seeds, pistachio, tomato. Dice celery, zucchini, scallions. Set aside.
2. Put carrot, jalapeno, garlic, tomato, olive oil, soy sauce in food processor. Pulse until small pieces.
3. Add in pistachio and pumpkin seeds. Process until almost paste (leave some texture).
4. Pour into dice veg mixture. Add rest of ingredients (Cumin seed, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, sprouted quinoa) Best way to mix is with your hand, so wash up and go for it.
5. Once all is incorporated, shape your burgers and place them on the teflex. I always dehydrate at 105 F or lower, with these I do 100 F. 12 hours on one side, flip and repeat, dehydrate until done to your liking. If you plan to keep them for a long time, dehydrate for a full 48 hours at low temp. They should be a little crunchy on the exterior, but somewhat meaty inside.
BmoreRawBoy's ThoughtsBy BmoreRawBoy
Meaty texture and intense flavor.
Satisfying burger with green from celery, jalapenos, zucchini, scallions, pumpkin seeds, and pistachios.
Again, dehydrating is a fickle thing, and an art form, based on size, humidity, and whether you soaked things or not.
Use your own knowledge and taste as you go. One thing is for certain though, if you are serious about raw food and the living enzymes, don’t go over 115 F, you will be losing enzymes.
Thanks, these are delicious. I hope you try them.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Irish Moss dishesTammiTrue - 9 hours 6 min ago
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 1 day 9 hours ago
Perioral Dermatitis, Help Pleasesophc - 3 days 23 hours ago
2 week old baby and breastmilk shortage!! need advice....ClaireT - 5 days 11 hours ago
Good Anti-inflamatories like pine apples and gingerTammiTrue - 1 week 3 days ago