Yield4 small servings
1 head of fresh kale (washed and center stem removed)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon raw agave nectar
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Cut the pieces of kale into palm-sized segments.
2. Place them all in large container and fill with water. Toss 1 teaspoon of sea salt into water.
3. Bruise the kale with your hands for about a minute. Allow to sit in salted water for about 30 minutes. Drain well.
4. Toss with agave nectar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
5. Lay the leaves on mesh dehydrator screens. Dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit for about 8-10 hours.
Anna's ThoughtsBy Anna
Wonderful little curled-up crispy chips that kids and adults will go crazy for!
I do recommend eating these outside as they make a huge mess. My kids usually eat the entire container in one sitting.
They are yummy and a great way to get more greens in.
I have also added herbs before (dried oregano and basil) which gave it an almost pizza-type flavor.
Inspirational credit for this recipe goes to Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Hello Everyonecharmingskinus - 1 day 8 min ago
Raw Buckwheatkim72 - 2 days 13 hours ago
Porkert juicer--replacement parts?The Rawtarian - 2 days 14 hours ago
Why do you have to use raw kombucha with scoby to make more kombucha?ClaireT - 3 days 15 hours ago
Sprouting Rocket seedspatrickbliss - 4 days 13 hours ago