Yield4 small servings
1 head of fresh kale (washed and center stem removed)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon raw agave nectar
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Cut the pieces of kale into palm-sized segments.
2. Place them all in large container and fill with water. Toss 1 teaspoon of sea salt into water.
3. Bruise the kale with your hands for about a minute. Allow to sit in salted water for about 30 minutes. Drain well.
4. Toss with agave nectar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
5. Lay the leaves on mesh dehydrator screens. Dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit for about 8-10 hours.
Anna's ThoughtsBy Anna
Wonderful little curled-up crispy chips that kids and adults will go crazy for!
I do recommend eating these outside as they make a huge mess. My kids usually eat the entire container in one sitting.
They are yummy and a great way to get more greens in.
I have also added herbs before (dried oregano and basil) which gave it an almost pizza-type flavor.
Inspirational credit for this recipe goes to Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 11 hours 37 min ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!ClaireT - 11 hours 39 min ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 11 hours 42 min ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 3 days 12 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?michele4131 - 4 days 21 hours ago