Rating4/5 (from 12 ratings)4
1 cup young coconut water
1 cup young coconut meat (chopped)
1½ cups almond milk (strained)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
¾ cup dates (chopped, soaked)
Seeds from 1/4 of vanilla bean
2 pinches of salt
1 cup almonds (soaked, dehydrated, ground to flour)
½ cup ground golden flax seeds
1 apple (chopped)
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (for chocolate cookies) or mesquite pod meal (for vanilla cookies)
10 or more dates (soaked)
1. To make the ice cream, blend all of the ice cream ingredients until completely smooth.
2. If you want half of the ice cream sandwiches to have chocolate ice cream in the middle, stir in 2-3 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder in half of the blended cream.
3. Pour the cream into ice cube trays and freeze until frozen.
4. Using a Champion juicer with the blank attachment, feed the juicer the frozen ice cream cubes. it will transform into soft serve ice cream!
5. Transfer the ice cream to a plastic container and freeze until ready to make the ice cream sandwiches.
6. Process all of the cookie ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add water if needed.
7. Transfer the batter to Teflex sheets and spread a 1/4 inch layer of the batter onto each sheet.
8. Dehydrate for 6 hours at 115 Fahrenheit. Use a round cookie cutter to make the cookies. Place the cookies on mesh sheets and dehydrate till crisp.
9. To assemble the ice cream sandwiches, take a spatula and put a scoop of ice cream on every other cookie. Top with another cookie. I always straighten out the edges to make them look nice and pretty, but they didn’t do that in the picture.
10. Put the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for 1-2 hours to harden. Enjoy!
Rawclaire's ThoughtsBy rawclaire
I found this a long time ago from a website on the internet.
I’m sorry that I don’t have the source, but I’m just going to tell you that it’s not my recipe.
I’ve been making these for weeks and they are great!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.