3 cups raw almond flour
½ cup raw almond butter
1 cup fresh wet raw almond meal (leftovers from straining almond milk)
2 cups raw cashews (soaked)
1 cup Thai young coconut meat
½ cup raw agave or 2 cups frozen bananas
1. Mix the almond flour, butter, meal, and agave in a large bowl until it is a dough. You may need to use your Vitamix to completely mix it.
2. Spread the mixture into thin cookies and shape into circles with a cookie cutter.
3. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 110 F.
4. Blend the cashews, coconut, and agave (or the bananas) in a Vitamix until completely smooth. If you are using the bananas, it should be thick, light yellow custard soft serve (yum!) If you are using nuts and coconut, it should be a smooth cream. If you are using the nuts and coconut, freeze the cream for 20 minutes, and then process through an ice cream maker. You don’t need to do this for the banana ice cream.
5. The cookies should be soft enough for ice cream sandwiches, so top a big spoonful of ice cream on one cookie and sandwich with another cookie.
6. Freeze the ice cream sandwiches for about an hour.
Rawclaire's ThoughtsBy rawclaire
These are (hopefully) a much better version of my original ice cream sandwiches.
Note: When you freeze the banana ice cream sandwiches, put them in an airtight container because the banana will discolor and turn brown. It will look yucky and not delicious, so don’t expose it to the air!
Well, hope you enjoy it!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
4th day as a Vegan:)Harmony1 - 1 hour 14 min ago
jackfruitClaireT - 4 days 16 min ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 1 week 3 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 1 week 1 day ago