3 cups almond flour
½ cup almond butter
1 cup wet almond meal (leftovers from straining almond milk)
2 cups cashews (soaked)
1 cup Thai young coconut meat
½ cup agave or 2 cups frozen bananas
1. Mix the almond flour, butter, meal, and agave in a large bowl until it is a dough. You may need to use your Vitamix to completely mix it.
2. Spread the mixture into thin cookies and shape into circles with a cookie cutter.
3. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 110 Fahrenheit.
4. Blend the cashews, coconut, and agave (or the bananas) in a Vitamix until completely smooth. If you are using the bananas, it should be thick, light yellow custard soft serve (yum!) If you are using nuts and coconut, it should be a smooth cream. If you are using the nuts and coconut, freeze the cream for 20 minutes, and then process through an ice cream maker. You don’t need to do this for the banana ice cream.
5. The cookies should be soft enough for ice cream sandwiches, so top a big spoonful of ice cream on one cookie and sandwich with another cookie.
6. Freeze the ice cream sandwiches for about an hour.
When you freeze the banana ice cream sandwiches, put them in an airtight container because the banana will discolor and turn brown.
It will look yucky and not delicious, so don’t expose it to the air!
Rawclaire's ThoughtsBy rawclaire
These are (hopefully) a much better version of my original ice cream sandwiches.
Well, hope you enjoy it!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Do you crave hot food?ClaireT - 1 day 3 hours ago
The importance of the family feastrafealsivar - 1 day 20 hours ago
New, eating disordered & in need of helpTammiTrue - 2 days 1 hour ago
Raw Soy Milk?TammiTrue - 2 days 1 hour ago
Can I eat acai bowls and are there any types of raw bread that we can eat?ClaireT - 5 days 23 hours ago