Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
2 cups ground almonds
1 cup coconut flakes
about 8 dates, soaked
2 cups dried apricots, soaked
3 tablespoons psyllium husks
4 - 5 peaches
mint (peppermint) leaves for decoration
1. For the crust: Blend the soaked dates without the water. Mix the ground almonds and the coconut flakes. Add the date paste to the almond-coconut "flour" and mix it with your hands to form a dough. Press dough into pie pan. Set aside, this allows the dough to get firm.
2. For the apricot layer: Blend the soaked apricots (without the water) with the banana, juice from about 1/2 lemon, and some vanilla. Stir in the psyllium husks. Set aside.
3. Topping: Peel the peaches and cut into slices. Sprinkle with juice from 1/2 lemon.
4. Assembly: Pour apricot puree evenly onto the crust. Put peach slices above. Decorate with mint leaves.
- you can use any kind of nuts instead of the coconut flakes
- you can make the crust the day before, so that it gets firmer during the night
- it tastes good with cashew-coconut cream (you can see in on the picture)
Helen1001's ThoughtsBy Helen1001
This was the first raw cake I presented to my parents when they visited me in August. I was so glad: They were really enthusiastic about it.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Frequently Asked Questions / GlossaryClaireT - 1 day 21 hours ago
Anyone heard about Alissa Cohen's show?Smileen - 2 days 15 hours ago
Should we supplement on a raw diet.ClaireT - 5 days 16 hours ago
Greetings All!LolaQuiz - 1 week 1 hour ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 1 week 1 day ago