Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
2 cups carrot (shredded)
2 cup seeds (soaked)
Handful of walnuts
½ cup pineapple (diced)
½ cup raisins
¼ cup agave, honey, or yacon syrup (add more or less to taste)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
Sprinkle of nutmeg (freshly ground)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or scrapings of bean
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
1. Soak seeds 6-8 hours in water or overnight. Rinse and drain.
2. In a food processor, combine seeds and walnuts. Grind until smooth, but be careful not to make into “butter.” You may have to scrap the sides down more than a few times to get well blended.
3. Set aside.
4. Combine all other ingredients in large bowl. Taste as you go along.
5. After mixing all the "sweets and spices," add the seeds and form into a round circle.
6. Freeze this cake for about 2 hours.
7. Frost with the orange frosting I posted earlier. Peace and love! Enjoy!
Earthintruder's ThoughtsBy earthintruder
This cake was adored by everyone I shared it with at work.
It is highly fibrous with just the right amount of sweetness.
The first time I created this cake, I put way too much cinnamon, and apparently Jonny (my BF) claims it tasted like the chewing gum Big Red.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 39 min ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 1 day 1 hour ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 1 day 9 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 3 days 1 hour ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 6 days 2 hours ago