Few Tbsp Olive oil
Garlic, chopped, and smooshed a little
Za'atar*, or other seasonings of choice
1. Chop tomatoes into thick slices
2. Spread slices out in shallow dish 1-3 layers thick.
3. Drizzle liberally with olive oil
4. Top with garlic and zaatar or other spices.
5. Let marinate in fridge 1 hour to over night. Turn a few times to make sure all get same about of marination love.
6. Dehydrate on solid dehydrator sheets to desired consistency. Will take longer for thicker slices. I usually dehydrate over night because I like to leave some of the olive oil on them while dehydrating so that means it takes a little longer.
*Za’atar is a middle eastern spice mix that I get from a local middle eastern deli. In Arabic the word za’atar refers to any various local herbs of the mint family (oregano, marjoram, thyme, etc.) Usually composed of dried thyme, dried oregano, and toasted sesame seeds (makes it not raw). If you can’t find this mix just season with thyme and oregano to get similar taste.
Erin's ThoughtsBy erin
I make these in the dehydrator so they aren’t technically sundried. But they ARE delicious.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Happy to be here!wildebeest - 1 day 19 hours ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 20 hours ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 2 days 9 hours ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 2 days 18 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?michele4131 - 4 days 3 hours ago