Few Tbsp Olive oil
Garlic, chopped, and smooshed a little
Za'atar*, or other seasonings of choice
1. Chop tomatoes into thick slices
2. Spread slices out in shallow dish 1-3 layers thick.
3. Drizzle liberally with olive oil
4. Top with garlic and zaatar or other spices.
5. Let marinate in fridge 1 hour to over night. Turn a few times to make sure all get same about of marination love.
6. Dehydrate on solid dehydrator sheets to desired consistency. Will take longer for thicker slices. I usually dehydrate over night because I like to leave some of the olive oil on them while dehydrating so that means it takes a little longer.
*Za’atar is a middle eastern spice mix that I get from a local middle eastern deli. In Arabic the word za’atar refers to any various local herbs of the mint family (oregano, marjoram, thyme, etc.) Usually composed of dried thyme, dried oregano, and toasted sesame seeds (makes it not raw). If you can’t find this mix just season with thyme and oregano to get similar taste.
For information on drying the tomatoes in the sun and lots of other sundried tomato info check out this site… http://forum.epicurean.com/webbbs/webbbs_config.pl?read=918
Erin's ThoughtsBy erin
I make these in the dehydrator so they aren’t technically sundried. But they ARE delicious.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 1 day 5 hours ago
Greetings All!Claire Turnip - 4 days 9 hours ago
HELPPP! RAW VEGAN GIRLS ONLY!Claire Turnip - 6 days 18 hours ago
Which should I get - Omega Vert VRT330 or Omega 8006?Claire Turnip - 1 week 2 days ago
How to make religious fasting easier on raw?Claire Turnip - 1 week 6 days ago