VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM (OPTIONAL PART OF PARFAIT)
Meat from 1 young coconut
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 cup cashews (soaked 2 hours)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons raw coconut butter
Pinch of sea salt
4 tablespoons fresh young coconut water
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup raw walnuts
4 Medjool dates
3 tablespoons ground golden flax seed
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
4 bananas (almost over-ripe)
1/2 cup coconut juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
1. For the whipped cream, open up a young coconut and set water and meat aside.
2. Put meat and other whipped cream ingredients into the blender and mix until creamy and set aside.
3. For the crumble topping, remove pits from dates Add dates and all crumble topping ingredients to the food processor and pulse until crumbly. Do not over process.
4. Set topping aside.
5. For the pudding, place all ingredients minus one of the bananas into the blender and mix until creamy. Set aside.
6. Find a nice wine glass or bowl (it's fun if it's clear so you can see the layers).
7. Spoon some crumble topping into the bottom of your glass.
8. Add a layer of banana pudding. Slice the remaining banana and create a layer of the slices on top of the pudding.
9. Add a layer of whipped cream. Repeat process until you have filled your glass.
10. Top it off with a banana slice and a pinch of crumble topping.
The Vanilla Whipped Cream is optional, but super delicious if you are up for opening a young coconut, which is easier than it sounds.
I soaked and then dehydrated the walnuts and pecans ahead of time. This is an extra step you can take (if you have a dehydrator) that will help your body optimally digest the nuts. It is not necessary, however.
You can make about 8-10 bite sized servings if you use votive glasses.
I was raised on sweets. My grandparents had a colossal candy cabinet and bowls of colorful sugary goodness all over the house. It's almost part of my DNA--the sweets.
So even though I have shifted into a greater awareness of what I put into my body, there is no need to ignore my pal, Mr. Sweet Tooth.
I have played around with many recipes and have finally Frankensteined the tastiest Banana Pudding Parfait (cue the lightning bolt).
This recipe incorporates all natural, enzyme-rich ingredients that your body wants, including natural sugars, so take any guilt and kick it out the door.
There are three main components to this recipe: Crumble Topping, Vanilla Whipped Cream, and Banana Pudding.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2021 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!