4 cups pecans (Be sure to soak, rinse, and dehydrate all your nuts. Your digestive system will thank you!)
16 large Medjool dates
1/2 cup to 1 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1. Pulse the nuts in food processor until just crumbly.
2. Add cacao and salt and pulse in until just mixed.
3. Add dates and process until will chopped.
4. Add vanilla and process until mixture holds together. None of these steps takes very long. Be careful not to over process so the oils remain mostly in the nuts.
5. Line a plate with waxed paper and turn mixture onto paper. Press mixture into a cake shape.
6. Then turn over onto serving plate.
7. Ice cake or top with fruit sauce or fresh fruit (optional).
8. Chill for an hour to set up texture. Enjoy!
I've made several variations of this for birthdays and special occasions.
This is so satisfying if you're in the mood for a delicious brownie or a dense chocolate cake for a special occasion!
It's wonderful with or without icing, as a fruit sauce, or on fresh fruit.
These are approximate amounts of ingredients to give a starting place, but really, I always go by taste when making anything, because fresh raw ingredients vary so much!
Give it a try!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!