Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
½ cup cacao butter (melted)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup carob powder
½ cup nuts (ground)
¼ cup goji berries or raisins
¼ cup coconut (shredded)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Melt cacao butter in a bowl placed in warm water. Measure the cacao butter after it is melted.
2. Add the coconut oil and stir until dissolved.
3. Add carob powder, nuts, goji berries, shredded coconut, sea salt, and stevia to taste (depending on your love of sweetness).
4. Pour the liquid mixture (it’ll be chunky if you added all ingredients but still a bit runny) into an ice cube tray or chocolate mold.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours to set (or put in the freezer if you’re impatient). Enjoy!
Jillyamber's ThoughtsBy jillyamber
A yummy raw alternative to chocolate candy bars.
These are so creamy and buttery, yet solid like a real candy bar.
This recipe works best if you mix all ingredients in a bowl placed in warm water (keeps it from setting before you’re finished).
You can use cacao powder instead of carob (or half and half) for a more stimulating experience.
I personally can’t handle too much cacao, and I actually love the taste of carob.
If you use cacao powder, add more sweetener (you can use agave) as cacao doesn’t have a natural sweetness like carob does.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Coconut Meat substitutions?misty - 23 hours 15 min ago
Low appetite after switching to a fruitarian diet.TammiTrue - 1 day 5 hours ago
spiral slicersClaireT - 5 days 5 hours ago
DivaCup newbieClaireT - 5 days 5 hours ago
I am going crazy: insomnia and low fat diet?mindyt - 1 week 19 hours ago