1 cup fresh spinach (finely chopped)
½ sweet red or orange pepper (diced)
½ sweet yellow pepper (diced)
¼ yellow onion (diced)
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jalapeno (finely diced)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cashews (soaked)
¼ cup water
½ sweet red pepper (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon sea salt
4 cups fresh sweet corn off the cob
1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
1 cup golden flax seeds (unsoaked, finely ground into flour)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Create your spinach-pepper mixture by placing ingredients in a plastic bag Ziploc bag and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Make you nacho cheese by blending the ingredients until thick and creamy.
3. To start the corn tortillas, chop corn and bell pepper in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
4. Take a spoon and spread the corn mixture on the teflex-lined dehydrator trays. You should have enough mixture for two or three trays.
5. Dehydrate at 110 Fahrenheit for about 5 hours. Flip the teflex sheet over onto the tray and carefully pull away from tortillas.
6. Using a pizza cutter, score the tortilla in 3 inch strips (approximately 3 long strips) length-wise, and then score every four inches across. You should have approximately 9 strips of rectangles.
7. Dehydrate for another 2 hours until tortilla is completely dry on both sides but still pliable.
8. Assemble your taquitos by spreading cheese on the end of one tortilla strip, spoon spinach-pepper mixture on top of cheese, and roll the tortilla tightly to prevent it from opening. Secure with a toothpick, if necessary.
9. Put the taquitos in the dehydrator at 110 Fahrenheit for 8-12 hours or until they are crisp on the outside.
Not your ordinary taquitos.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2018 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!