Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Yield2 main dish servings
4 medium golden beets (beet roots)
1 Portobello mushroom or a handful of brown mushrooms
1 cup spinach (about 10 large leaves)
1 tablespoon ginger root (about 1 inch)
2 large or 3 medium cloves garlic
½ cup olive oil
1 medium lime or 2 small limes (to taste)
1 tablespoon agave syrup
Dash of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1. “Pasta-cize” the beets in your favorite spiral slicer.
2. Thinly slice mushrooms. Dice tomato (remove seeds and jelly).
3. Chiffonade the spinach (stack the leaves, roll lengthwise, and cut into thin strips). Toss together in bowl.
4. I use the blender to whirl together the ginger, garlic, oil, lime juice, agave, and red pepper, but it can be mixed by hand if the ginger and garlic is finely diced.
5. Coat everything in the sauce and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
Suasoria's ThoughtsBy Suasoria
This is a beautiful dish with golden beets, which are more mild, but could easily be done with red beets.
With red beets, I think I would use apple cider vinegar, instead of lime juice, and perhaps green cabbage, instead of spinach.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note