Rawtarian's raw breakfast bowl
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating5/5 (from 17 ratings)5
- 1 shredded apple
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat groats (optional)
- 1/3 cup water or cashew milk
- 1. Shred your apple using a hand shredder. (If making only one or two bowls, I use a mandoline slicer with the shredder attachment. If making this for many people, probably easiest to shred in a food processor.)
- 2. Place shredded apple in bowl, and top with remaining ingredients.
- 3. Top with the cashew milk (best) or alternatively use water.
- 4. Stir vigourously. Within a couple of minutes the chia seeds and shredded coconut will absorb the liqid and you will have a delicious, ready to eat raw breakfast cereal.
- Check out my video below to see me make this in person :)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This recipe is very similar to my raw breakfast cereal recipe; however, there are a couple of key differences - especially the addition of the coconut and the shredding of the apple.
In fact, it is the shredded apple that makes up the recipe - and gives it a stellar texture!
This recipe is for one person.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Fat.
- This recipe is a good source of Dietary Fiber.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Calcium, Iron, Riboflavin, and Vitamin E.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes