3 medium apples
½ cup flax seeds, ground
½ cup raisins
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
7 drop stevia
1) Process the apples in your food processor until the mixture looks like applesauce.
2) Add in 1/4 cup of the raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and stevia. Mix until the raisins are no longer chunky.
3) Add in 1/4 cup of the ground flax. Mix. Add in the rest of the ground flax and mix until all of the flax is combined with the apple mixture.
4) Taste the mix to see if it’s to your liking- add in more stevia, cinnamon and/or salt to suit your taste.
5) Add in the remaining 1/4 cup of raisins, and process 5-10 seconds- the mixture should be slightly chunky.
6) Spread the mixture 1/4 inch thick on your dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 105F for 8-12 hours. Flip over and dehydrate 6-8 hours longer. It should be firm, but still soft and pliable.
You can decorate this bread with things like apple slices, raisins, whole flax seeds, cinnamon, drizzled maple syrup or honey- have fun with it!
Kathrynintheraw's ThoughtsBy kathrynintheraw
A not-too-sweet, not-too-heavy bread perfect for breakfast, or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Greens for the winterRomey - 4 hours 24 min ago
Any recipe requests?Romey - 4 hours 33 min ago
Dreadlocks Of Love! Dreads For Friends A Cancer CharityRomey - 5 hours 43 min ago
What percentage raw?Romey - 5 hours 56 min ago
How do I change my profile photo?The Rawtarian - 11 hours 57 min ago