Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldMakes 28-32 ounces; approximately 600 calories
1 cup blueberries (frozen)
1½ bananas (frozen or fresh)
1 cup water
4 curly green kale leaves (can be omitted)
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1. Remove kale leaves from stem and place in Vitamix.
2. Place all other ingredients in the Vitamix, except for the lemon. Kale is optional, you can substitute other greens or leave it out completely. I like to get as many greens in my smoothies as possible.
3. Cut, peel, and pith (the white part) off of the lemon and segment it.
4. Place segments in the Vitamix, making sure not to include the seeds because they are bitter.
5. Pour into the Vitamix any excess lemon juice from the cutting board and squeeze in any lemon juice from the flesh that accidentally got cut off with the peel.
6. Start blending on low and increase speed.
7. Blend until smooth, making sure there are no chunks or bits of green left. It should be smooth and creamy.
VIBRANCE's ThoughtsBy VIBRANCE
I love blueberry lemon tarts or any type of blueberry lemon desserts.
This smoothie satisfies my craving and is super nutritious!
Note: If not using frozen fruit, include some ice cubes so it does not get warm and nasty.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 2 days 19 hours ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 2 days 19 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 6 days 39 min ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 6 days 40 min ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 1 week 7 hours ago