Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
Flesh from 1 young coconut
Water from the coconut
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1-2 very ripe bananas (Ripe is to replace bananas that would be simmered in the coconut milk in the cooked version, so you want nice soft ones)
Raw peanuts (optional)
1. Place the flesh from the young coconut in your blender.
2. Top up the jug to the 1 cup mark with water or water from the coconut.
3. Add agave syrup to taste, plus a pinch of salt. Blend. If it seems too thick, add a little more water.
4. Pour into two bowls.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to each bowl and leave for at least 10 minutes, so the chia seeds absorb some of the liquid and go soft and gelatinous.
6. Add slices of pretty ripe banana. Top with raw peanuts (optional).
Denzildragon's ThoughtsBy denzildragon
A raw version of chè chuõi--banana, coconut, and tapioca pearl soup--I came up with.
The original is a popular street food in Vietnam.
The gelatinous chia seeds replace the larger gelatinous tapioca pearls.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
How do you not get bored of just raw fruit and veg 24-7?????jeddoveyl - 8 hours 19 min ago
Natural Hair ColorClaireT - 21 hours 17 min ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 5 days 13 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 1 week 1 day ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 1 day ago