Rating4.8/5 (from 4 ratings)4.75
YieldServes 8 polite people or 2 huge pigs
1 cup hazelnuts (better if soaked and dehydrated first)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey or any sweetener
1 tablespoon cacao nibs or powder
Pinch of sea salt
ICE CREAM LAYER
3 bananas (frozen)
1 tablespoon honey or any sweetener (optional)
5 dates (soaked until soft)
¼ cup water
Meat from 1 young coconut
1 tablespoon dates (soaked), honey, or any sweetener of choice
1. Blend up hazelnuts until well crumbled. Add rest of the ingredients in and blend until well mixed and ground.
2. Press mixture into cake pan about 8’ inches around.
ICE CREAM LAYER
3. Blend bananas and sweetener in food processor until nice and smooth. you may need a little water to get it going (a little coconut water might be nice.)
4. Spread ice cream on hazelnut layer.
5. Blend dates with water in food processor or blender until very smooth.
6. Spread on top of ice cream layer.
7. Blend up coconut meat and sweetener until very smooth and creamy. I find that my big food processor doesn’t do much for it, but a smaller one reaches those tiny lumps and gets it really smooth.
8. Spread on top of caramel.
9. Put in freezer for a couple of hours.
Morning_theft's ThoughtsBy Morning_theft
I was inspired by many of the recipes on this site and dreamed up this birthday cake for Matt.
It was a huge success!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 1 day 16 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 1 day 16 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 1 day 16 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 2 days 23 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 6 days 3 hours ago