Fresh fruit salad of your choice (I used mango, strawberries and blueberries)
MANGO ICE CREAM
1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked overnight preferred)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons agave nectar
3 tablespoons coconut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or the seeds of 1 vanilla pod
Pinch of salt
2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup agave
MANGO ICE CREAM
1. Blend all of the ice cream ingredients until smooth. Freeze or churn in an ice cream maker.
2. Dehydrate the blueberries for 4-6 hours. This concentrates the flavors really well, but it is not necessary to do this if you don't have a machine or have no time.
3. Put 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries into the blender with the agave and puree until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and add the remaining blueberries.
4. Put the fruit salad in the bottom on the glass.
5. Add a couple of spoons of ice cream (Take it our the freezer for 10 minutes to allow it to soften a little before serving.). Spoon over the blueberry sauce.
RawKaren's ThoughtsBy RawKaren
I had some leftover cashew frosting from some carrot cake I had made, and figured out that if I added mangoes to it, it made the most fabulous ice cream.
The blueberry sauce is from Raw Food Real World.
For the photograph, I forgot that blueberries contain pectin, so unlike me, don't forget to stir/shake the sauce well before serving or it stays as a gel!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?anewme - 21 hours 42 min ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 2 days 17 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 2 days 17 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 3 days 4 hours ago
Best Juicer?jerocarson - 3 days 5 hours ago