Yield6 servings (slices)
½ cup dates
½ cup walnuts
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
Berries of your choice (to taste)
1. In a food processor, grind walnuts, pepitas, and pine nuts until a nearly powdery consistency is reached.
2. Add in dates. Process until all ingredients are worked through. It becomes more like a thick doughy sludge.
3. Flatten base over a small plate.
4. Place chosen berries on top of base.
5. Squeeze lemon juice into a cup, and mix in cocoa and honey until the mixture looks vaguely like syrup. For a more tart (no pun intended) taste, use more lemon juice. Similarly, more honey for sweetness and more cocoa for a chocolatey taste (remember that cocoa is rather bitter).
6. Pour/spread this “syrup” over the berries.
7. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes before serving and enjoy.
Tusik's ThoughtsBy tusik
This is a fruit tart, which is great for being not nearly as sweet as its non-raw counterparts!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note