Rating4.5/5 (from 10 ratings)4.5
YieldDozen small cookies
1 cup Brazil nuts
6 Medjool dates
½ tablespoon almond butter
½ tablespoon agave
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
¼ cup strawberries
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1. Soak the Brazil nuts overnight. Blend them with 4 cups of fresh water.
2. Strain through a nut milk bag and squeeze the bag firmly to remove excess liquid. Reserve the nut milk for another use. (It keeps for about 3 days and I like to blend about 3/4 cup with a frozen banana or two to make a wonderful banana shake.)
3. Soak dates in 1/2 cup water for 1 hour. Reserve soak water.
4. In a food processor, combine the nuts, soaked dates, almond butter, agave, nutmeg, and sea salt. Process until blended, adding one tablespoon at a time of soak water, into a batter. You will still see tiny bits of dates, but otherwise blend until fairly smooth.
5. Scoop out the dough into 12 small balls on your lined dehydrator tray. Place a finger indent in the middle of each.
6. Blend the strawberries and vanilla until smooth in the food processor.
7. Spoon a bit of the jam into each indent. Set aside any leftover jam.
8. Dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for 24-36 hours until they are firm and cake-like, removing the liner about half way through. As the cookies dry, spoon in more jam until it is all used or until the hole is nicely filled.
Use soft dates for best results.
You can double the recipe, as these will disappear quickly; however I usually make them after I make nut milk, so I do a small batch.
Substitute almonds for Brazil nuts (although I can’t vouch for the cake-like texture if you do) and raspberries for strawberries, if you like.
Pam's ThoughtsBy Pam
This makes a wonderful, sweet cake-like cookie that will fool anyone into thinking it contains flour and butter.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FRUITARIAN!!!!loverlyjoy - 23 hours 12 min ago
Sick when eating cooked foodloverlyjoy - 23 hours 23 min ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 4 days 9 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 4 days 9 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 1 week 3 days ago