1 cup apricots (dried)
½ cup Medjool dates (pitted)
1 cup water
½ cup macadamia nuts
1 cup dried shredded coconut
1 cup buckwheaties (soaked, sprouted, dehydrated, left whole)
¼ cup agave
Dash of cinnamon
1 inch vanilla bean (seeds only)
Extra coconut or chopped nuts (for rolling cookies in)
1. Soak apricots and dates in water about 1 hour or till soft, and drain.
2. Using a small processor bowl or bullet, process till smooth.
3. In a large processor bowl, pulse macadamia nuts, coconut, spices, and buckwheat about 12 times till ground.
4. Add 1/2 cup jam (reserve the rest) and agave until dough forms.
5. Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in coconut or chopped nuts.
6. Place onto parchment on mesh dehydrator sheets.
7. Flatten slightly and make an indentation in each center.
8. Fill with reserved apricot jam. Overfill since jam will shrink. Smooth with a wet finger if you don’t want those “tips” I got!
9. Dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit approximately 12 hours or as desired.
Any fruit (omit water if using fresh fruit) and nut combo may be used in this. My goji jam would work too.
Quick directions for buckwheat: Soak groats 20 minutes to 1 hour, drain and rinse, place in jar or sprout bag, rinse/drain every 4-8 hours for 1 day (they should have a tiny tail), dehydrate 115 Fahrenheit for 8 hours. May be ground for flour.
Very much like the baked version!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2018 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!