3 cups wheat berries (sprouted)
3/4 cup water (or more if needed)
1 cup prunes
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Add wheat berries and water into blender (Vitamix) or food processor. Blend until creamy. Be careful, if too thick, your mixer will bog down. Add enough water to make it slightly loose.
2. Add prunes and cinnamon. Blend again on medium. Leave a few small chunks.
3. Use a soup spoon to make mounds on a non stick sheet in the dehydrator.
4. Press down in center with back of spoon and spread out into the shape of medium sized cookies about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit for 6 hours. They should still be gooey inside, but will lift up like fruit leather.
6. Flip them over and dehydrate an hour or two more. Should still be chewy inside but not wet.
J-rush's ThoughtsBy J-rush
If you love to sprout, but don't always know what to do with all those wheat berries, try this amazingly easy recipe.
These cookies will blow you away. They are sweet, chewy, and cinnamon spiced.
Perfect for a quick breakfast, or afternoon snack. Even a late night sweet tooth craving.
It seems like a lot of cinnamon, but once they are dehydrated, the flavors marry and they are perfect.
Warning: The mixture is very thick, be careful not to burn up your blender. Add enough water to keep it moving but not runny.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note