2 ½ cups buckwheat groats (soaked, dehydrated)
2 cups almond pulp
1 cup hemp seeds
2 cups Brazil nuts
¾ cup cashews
¾ cup walnuts
2 apples (chopped)
½ cup date paste
3 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons ginger powder
Zest of 1 small lemon
1 cup maple syrup
4 cups blueberries
1. I food processed buckwheaties, almond pulp, Brazil nuts, cashews, and walnuts one by one (other than the hemp, which I left whole) in the food processor then put them in a huge bowl.
2. Then I processed all the wet ingredients together until a smooth sauce was formed.
3. Then pour over the dry ingredients. Add blueberries.
4. Mix it up by hand. Then spread over the dehydrator sheets. This made three sheets.
5. After a whole day, break up into pieces and leave to dehydrate another day. You can eat it at this point, it's just not as shelf-stable.
6. You have to dehydrate down do 10 percent moisture in order to get things to be shelf-stable. If you don't care about that, just keep in the fridge and don't expect it to last as long.
Bitt's ThoughtsBy bitt
Last summer, I made several batches of Matthew Kenney's raspberry-lime granola. Boy, is that stuff gooood.
However raspberries (even frozen ones) are a bit too expensive right now.
So I decided to opt for blueberries (thawed out wild blueberries from Trader Joe's) and then went ahead and altered the recipe a bit based on what I had around the house for nuts and seeds.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
spiral slicersClaireT - 3 days 16 hours ago
DivaCup newbieClaireT - 3 days 16 hours ago
I am going crazy: insomnia and low fat diet?mindyt - 6 days 6 hours ago
How Long Can I Live On Just Juicesjennifera7227 - 6 days 10 hours ago
Low appetite after switching to a fruitarian diet.cacu2020 - 1 week 1 day ago