2 apples (peeled, sliced thinly)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup pecans
½ cup almonds
½ cup coconut (shredded, dried)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cardamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup dates (soaked, pitted)
¼ cup almond milk or water and a tablespoon of almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Toss apple slices and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Process the pecans, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Place dates, almond milk, coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla in a food processor and blend to a paste.
4. Add to nut mixture and stir until well incorporated.
5. Spread the mixture out evenly on a teflex sheet into a square about 1/4 inch thick.
6 .Starting on one edge of the square, press the apple slices into the mixture, overlapping each slice over the previous one. I usually get 4 rows of apples.
7. Dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit for 6 hours, then do a “flippy-flippy” or whatever method you use to get the bars off the Teflex sheet and onto a mesh screen while staying apple side up. (A “flippy-flippy” is what I call it when I place Tray B upside down on top of Tray A, and then flip them over, so the food from Tray A is then upside down on Tray B. Then remove the Teflex sheet from Tray A, and place Tray A back upside down with the mesh screen touching the food on Tray B, then flip them back over, and voila! The food is back on Tray A--right side up--but minus the Teflex sheet.)
8. Dehydrate for another 6-8 hours or until the desired texture is reached. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Crisyn's ThoughtsBy Crisyn
This recipe is a variation on my Fig & Date Squares, combined with my love for Living Cuisine’s Caramel Coconut Cookies. I hope you like them.
In the picture, the Caramel Apple Bars are the ones on the bottom right.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Does anyone have any natural deodorant ideas?rashimggoel - 3 days 10 min ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....jonnahd - 5 days 1 hour ago
Partially dehydrate energy ballsClaireT - 6 days 18 hours ago
Natural PerfumeTammiTrue - 1 week 1 day ago
Best Affordable BlenderClaireT - 1 week 4 days ago