Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldMakes 2 cups
2 cups almonds (soaked 6 hours, drained)
1 lemon (juiced)
1 tablespoon Nama shoyu
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup pumpkin seeds (finely ground)
1. Be sure to soak the almonds to bring them to life. Rinse them and drain them well.
2. Grind the pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder or Vitamix until fine.
3. Mix them with the other ingredients except the almonds.
4. Coat the almonds in this mixture. Taste one so you can adjust the seasonings, which will intensify after dehydrating. If it’s too runny, add more ground pumpkin seeds. You may want more Nama or to eliminate it altogether and use sea salt instead.
5. Start dehydrating at 115 degrees for 8 hours. Transfer to screens and finish dehydrating until crisp (24 hours total), but feel free to snack while they are dehydrating.
Lzhpt's ThoughtsBy lzhpt
Warning! These addicting things are my best version of the Living Nutz company’s Vegan Cheezy Nutz.
At $7.00 for about 25 almonds, I decided to make them myself.
These are great for snacking on the trail, at work or while traveling.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Anti aging effects of raw foodrobing9010 - 1 day 13 hours ago
I hate my juicer! Help Pleaselizab - 1 day 14 hours ago
Olive oil and honey face masklizab - 2 days 16 hours ago
Is it good to eat only when hungry?lizab - 2 days 17 hours ago
Wrinkles & Fine LinesAlina - 2 days 19 hours ago