Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
1 cup barley (soaked)
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 dash or teaspoon of fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried sage
Pinch of salt
1/2 red bell pepper
1 zucchini or courgette
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 dash or teaspoon of olive oil
Salt (to taste)
1 cup pine nuts
Juice from half a lemon
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Pinch of salt
Bell pepper (sliced)
Paprika or black pepper
1. To make the crust, process all of the ingredients in the food processor until you have a dough.
2. Spread out on a Teflex sheet with your hands into a circle.
3. Dry at 145 Fahrenheit for about an hour or when the top feels dry. Flip over by covering with another tray lined with Teflex sheet.
4. To make the sauce, chop the veggies and blend them with the rest of the ingredients in the blender, adding a little water. You want it be fairly thick, not runny. Pour onto your crust.
5. Choose selected veggies you have on hand and layer on top of the sauce. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
6. To make the cheez sauce, blend the nuts with the spices, juice, salt, and a little water to make a thick cream. Pour over vegetables or just drizzle a little if you want less. Sprinkle with paprika and black pepper.
7. Return to the dryer for another hour at 145 Fahrenheit and then turn down to 115 Fahrenheit for the remaining time.
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Lovely cheese pie with eggy texture. Very tasty!
It took me a total of 2 hours to have this delicious pie ready for dinner.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note