1 cup buckwheaties (soaked 6 hours, rinsed, dehydrated until crunchy)
½ cup walnuts or other nuts you like (soaked, dehydrated)
6 Medjool dates
Water if needed
1 tablespoon almond butter or other nut butter
Pinch of salt
1. Process the buckwheaties in the food processor until mealy.
2. Add the nuts and process briefly to chop them.
3. Add the dates and process until doughy.
4. Add a pinch of salt, if you want it. Process briefly to distribute.
5. Add a little water (or vanilla extract, if you use it), if needed, to make the dough hold together better.
6. Then add the nut butter and finish processing the dough (You can leave these as is and have “Crunchy Nut Butter Cookies,” use one of the variations, or make up your own variation and let everyone know about it so we can try it too!).
7. Form into balls, squishing the dough together well so it will hold its shape and flatten into a cookie shape.
8. Serve with nut milk or your favorite beverage! Enjoy!
“Chocolate Chip Cookies”--Process in some raw cacao nibs and raisins (my family’s favorite). I’ve also made these using Chocolate Rocks that I got from Natural Zing.
“Raisin Spice Cookies”–-Add some cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger (or your favorite spice), and raisins.
(I’ve also made these using GORAW’s Live “Granola”)
Cookies that actually crunch!
For Sweetpea & everyone else that misses that satisfying crunch!
I’m allergic to grains myself, but I make these for my husband and kids occasionally. They love them!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2021 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!