Rating4/5 (from 2 ratings)4
YieldServes 1 (unless you're feeling generous)
1 banana (mashed)
1 cup carrots (grated)
Half an apple (grated)
Juice from half a lemon
Sprinkle of cinnamon
½ sprinkle of allspice
½ sprinkle of nutmeg
5 whole cloves
1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
1. Mash the banana until it’s pretty smooth (but no harm in leaving some little chunks—definitely no need to blend).
2. Throw in the grated carrots and apple, along with the lemon juice (it keeps things from turning to brown mush, but also livens up the flavor a bit I think).
3. Sprinkle on a good dose of cinnamon and some allspice and nutmeg and stir it all up. Give it a taste and adjust the spices if you need to.
4. Then sprinkle the top with some extra cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Toss in a few cloves (You probably want to leave them on top rather than stir them in so they’re easy to pick out before you eat it.).
5. Finally, sprinkle the ground flax over the top. You could, of course, leave the flax off, but I thought it gave a nice sort of “crust” impression, plus I was hungry for some omega-3s!
6. Let it sit for a couple hours while the flavors mingle and the flax softens.
Suzyq's ThoughtsBy suzyq
I’m trying to cut back on dried fruit and nuts for a while, but a sweet carroty dish sounded so tasty.
Here’s what I came up with.
Maybe you could dehydrate it and turn it into something more like a cake? I don’t know. I just ate it, fresh and delicious!
So delicious, in fact, that I ate half of it before I thought to take this photo, and then I was so eager to get back to enjoying the second half that I couldn’t be bothered to take a decent photo. :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note