YieldFew cups of pulled meat
4 large trumpet mushrooms
3 tablespoons red miso
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey or 2 dates
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons fresh ginger
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1. Start the pulled pork by cutting the mushrooms in half crosswise. Grate lengthwise either with a hand grater (large holes) or in your food processor using the grating plate. It will come out looking like grated mozzarella cheese.
2. Spread grated mushroom on dehydrator trays and dry for several hours until it’s paper weight and a little crunchy (I did it overnight.)
3. To make the barbecue sauce, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Season to taste. If you don’t care for this recipe, any raw BBQ sauce recipe will do.
4. Add the sauce to the dried mushrooms and allow them to absorb the liquid for an hour or so. Eventually, the shredded mushroom will take on a very convincing barbecued pulled pork texture.
5. Optionally, spread raw, sprouted Dijon mustard on on a slice of bread, and pile "meat" on top of that.
Nanamensah's ThoughtsBy nanamensah
Trumpet Mushrooms are large, meaty, and tough. They shred lengthwise like string cheese. They’re perfect for creating a chewy, meat-like texture.
This tastes authentic. You could expand on this idea to make a convincing "carne asada."
Credit goes to Chris Carlton for the mushroom meat idea and to Renee Loux Underkoffler (Living Cuisine) for her Barbecue Sauce recipe.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Buy IELTS Certificate online| Genuine IELTS Certificate whatsap +46739780300medon - 18 hours 52 min ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?ClaireT - 2 days 7 hours ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?jmal7073 - 3 days 4 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 3 days 7 hours ago
Whole Grain Unhulled Hemp SeedsTammiTrue - 3 days 7 hours ago