1 cup walnuts
1 cup macadamia nuts
½ cup dates (soaked)
¼ cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 tablespoon raw chocolate powder
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 cup mixed dried fruit
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place the nuts in a food processor and blend till they are smooth.
2. Add the soaked dates and agave nectar and blend till the mixture is combined.
3. Place the nut and date mixture into a bowl. Mix in all the dry ingredients and add the vanilla extract and orange zest.
4. Mix through the dried fruits.
5. Shape the mix into bars or Christmas pudding shapes (I use an ice cream scoop to do this).
6. Place on a Teflon sheet and put into the dehydrator for 12 hours, turning once about half way through. The cake/bar should be firm but still tacky inside.
I’ve never had a Christmas cake in my life and wanted to make one for Christmas to take into work, and what better way to turn people onto raw food than through cakes?
This recipe will work well as a cake or bar.
Sorry about the photo. It was the best I could do with as all of the other cakes were eaten as soon as they came out of the dehydrator.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!