Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldServes around 4 quiches
FOR THE CRUST
2 tablespoons flax meal (ground)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons water
FOR THE FILLING
2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
2 cups green squash
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1½ cup cashews
A bit of water
1. Put all the crust ingredients in a food processor till mixed (and smooth).
2. Press into Tart cases so you have a thin crust.
Optional: Dehydrate for 2 hours in cases then when they are firm, remove them from the cases and dehydrate for a further 6 hours.
3. For the filling, marinate chopped mushrooms in lemon juice.
4. While the mushrooms are marinating, blend all the other filling ingredients in blender until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms and filling mixture together.
6. Pour mixture into the bases.
Optional: Dehydrate for a further 24 hours.
Ajchanter's ThoughtsBy ajchanter
Even my Grandfather liked it and that's saying something! ;)
I changed it from Russell James’s recipe to what i had in the kitchen at that moment.
I didn't dehydrate mine because I didn't have a dehydrator then.
I'm sure it would taste even better in they go in for a bit!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FRUITARIAN!!!!loverlyjoy - 49 min 29 sec ago
Sick when eating cooked foodloverlyjoy - 1 hour 54 sec ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 3 days 10 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 3 days 11 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 1 week 2 days ago