1 bunch of collards (or such that will fit into a 12 cup bowl with room to manipulate)
1/2 large onion (cut lengthwise to create sickle shapes)
1 1/2 tablespoons date syrup
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoons sea salt
Dash of cayenne pepper (or sprinkle lightly to color top)
1. Soak collard leaves for a few hours in sea salt and lemon juice (I usually soak them over night to soften the leaves).
2. Stem the collard leaves.
3. Roll and cut across the roll to create long strips.
4. Cut onion lengthwise to create thin spears or sickles.
5. Blend the remaining ingredients in large bowl and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
6. Sit in the fridge for and allow the ingredients to get to know each other.
7. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
A simple and quick collard green recipe with a dynamic twist.
Recipe was adapted and tweaked a little from one offered by the Yabba Pot Vegatarian Restaurant in Baltimore. Check them out.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!