YieldOne 9 inch pie
2 cups walnuts
1 cup pecans
1 cup flax seeds
1 tablespoon coconut nectar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
CREAM FILLING (LAYER 1 AND 4)
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/4 cup coconut nectar
1/8 cup lemon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup water (lightly added)
1/2 cup pecan flour (lightly added to thicken)
BLUEBERRY FILLING (LAYER 2 AND 5
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/8 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup water (lightly added)
BANANA SLICES (LAYER 3)
1 1/2 bananas (save other half for pie topping)
Bananas, fresh blueberries, or whatever you like!
1. Process the nuts first, then add the dates, and lastly add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Mold the crust to the pie pan.
3. First process the cashews, next add the dates, and then add the rest of the ingredients, lightly adding water and checking the consistency. Add a nut flour of your choice if you desire a thicker cream.
4. Spread evenly over crust.
5. Blend the dates and water first. Then add in you blueberries and chia seeds.
6. Spread the mixture evenly over your cashew cream.
7. For a natural banana preservative, squeeze lemon juice over the bananas.
8. Lay them out covering the whole pie, double layering if necessary.
Amandanicolesmith's ThoughtsBy amandanicolesmith
My friend, Megan, has joined me on the raw food journey and has been the main inspiration for this decadent dish.
She was also a great help as we prepared our layers of cream, blueberries, and bananas.
We created this as we went, having only her grandma's blueberry banana pie to replace with an organic raw version.
This pie will definitely now be in the rotation of delicious raw desserts and introduced to granny of course!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Which Vitamix is the best?Creativelycc - 2 hours 21 min ago
opinions about coconut waterEmmac01 - 2 days 20 hours ago
Sea SaltMyHealingJourney - 2 days 21 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???nicoliam - 3 days 15 hours ago
How many avocados per day is okay?nicoliam - 3 days 16 hours ago