Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
* 1 cup of cashew pieces. (soak them for 4 or 5 hours)
* 1/4 cup of packed, pitted dates cut in half. (soak for 30 minutes )
* 1/2 cup of reserve water from soaking the dates
* 1 1/4 cups of pitted and coarsely chopped fresh cherries
* 1 cup of firm young Thai coconut meat (I used one large coconut)
* 1 cup of coconut water
* 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
* 1 scraped vanilla bean
* 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (or 2 vanilla beans)
* 2 pinches of sea salt
* 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
* 1 capful of cherry extract (Boyajian brand)
* 2-3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
Add all the ingredients into the Vitamix and blend until smooth. Pour into a container and chill in the fridge until nice and cold (several hours or overnight).
Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker (according to the manufacturer’s directions). It takes about 30 minutes to reach a nice soft serve consistency. Stick ice cream into the freezer for a couple hours for a firmer texture that you can scoop with an ice cream scooper.
For more information, details and photos check out my blog and dessert album :-)
JoyceH's ThoughtsBy JoyceH
After purchasing our new ice cream maker over the 4th of July weekend, we couldn’t resist another weekend of experimentation. My husband loves fresh cherries so I brought home a 2 pound bag of big fresh organic cherries (from our co-op). This turned out amazing! I believe I had beginners luck creating my own recipe! My husband absolutely loved this rich decadent ice cream. Enjoy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
I'm nixing garlic, onions, salt, herbs, & oilsClaireT - 7 hours 50 min ago
Mike Lawson's raw food journalClaireT - 7 hours 52 min ago
Maca and msm, how do you overcome the taste?RawLifer - 11 hours 30 min ago
100% raw, does it work for you?RawLifer - 12 hours 8 min ago
Does anyone else experience thisRawLifer - 12 hours 34 min ago