Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
YieldMakes about 1 cup
1 large tomato (diced)
2 tablespoons fennel (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper (minced)
1 teaspoon dulse flakes
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 teaspoons agave
1 tablespoon Nama Shoyu
Drizzle of sesame oil, optional
Black sesame seeds, for garnish
2 Granny Smith or any green apples (dried slices)
1. Start with the dressing first by mincing the ginger, jalapeno. Mix in dulse flakes, Nama Shoyu, lime juice, zest, and agave. You could do it in a blender or food processor but I did it by hand. Set aside. Chop the fennel and cilantro. Dice the tomato. I peeled mine first to reveal the soft flesh but it was a little
2. Chop the fennel and cilantro. Dice the tomato. I peeled mine first to reveal the soft flesh but it was a little time consuming. Once peeled, I cut out the core and cut into quarters. I removed the seeds and the jelly tomato goodness that surrounds them. I’ll use that in another recipe.
3. Once the tomato was diced I put it in a bowl and added the fennel and cilantro and lightly mixed them. Then I poured the dressing over and mixed again. Lastly, I drizzled about a teaspoon of sesame oil over.
4. When the apple chips were ready I mixed lightly one last time and put a dollop in the center of the chip and sprinkled a few sesame seeds on top. If you want to serve on the apple chips, wash and dry the apples and slice across so you get the star from the seeds in the center.
5. I placed the slices in lemon juice before dehydrating into chips (about 6 hours at 125 degrees). I love this recipe and hope it’s a hit at the potluck!
Yammygirl's ThoughtsBy yammygirl
I wanted to bring a spectacular raw appetizer to a potluck of non-raw friends this weekend.
Tried it out today for lunch and it tastes great. I’m still working on the presentation, I want to serve it on dried apple chips.
I’m still working on the presentation, I want to serve it on dried apple chips.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?MyHealingJourney - 19 hours 5 min ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 2 days 11 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 2 days 11 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 3 days 18 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 6 days 22 hours ago