Rating3/5 (from 2 ratings)3
Yield10 or more
1 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic (peeled)
1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
1. Soak almonds in filtered water for 24 hours. Remove skins by pinching nuts between your fingers. Rinse and drain.
2. Puree almonds, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and 1/2 cup cold water in food processor for 6 minutes, or until very smooth and creamy.
3. Place large strainer over bowl, and line with triple layer of cheesecloth. Spoon almond mixture into cheesecloth. Bring corners and sides of cloth together, and twist around cheese, forming into orange-size ball, and gently squeeze to help extract moisture. Secure with kitchen twine. Chill 12 hours, or overnight. Discard excess liquid.
4. Line dehydrator tray with parchment paper or non-stick sheet. Unwrap soft cheese and transfer from cheesecloth to prepared dehydrator tray. Flatten and shape to form a round about 1/2 inch high.
5. Dehydrate for 12 hours or longer at 104 degrees. You don't need to dry the cheese all the way through - you're just looking to form a nice soft "crust" on the outside.
6. After dehydrating, transfer to plate (careful - the bottom stays soft) and store in fridge until ready to eat.
Enjoy on your favorite raw crackers!
Territa's ThoughtsBy Territa
Although it takes some time to make, the individual steps are not difficult. I think you'll agree it's worth the effort!
Adapted from a recipe for baked almond feta cheese from "Vegetarian Times."
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Olive oil and honey face maskTammiTrue - 23 hours 20 min ago
Staying raw during quarantineTammiTrue - 23 hours 22 min ago
Anti aging effects of raw foodrobing9010 - 4 days 13 hours ago
I hate my juicer! Help Pleaselizab - 4 days 13 hours ago
Is it good to eat only when hungry?lizab - 5 days 16 hours ago