YieldMakes 27 3-4 inch squares
1 ½ pounds carrots (whole)
1 ½ pounds onions
¾ cup flax-seed (soaked)
1/3 cup olive oil
½ tablespoon salt
1. Soak flax seeds in a pint glass filled with water for 30 minutes before using.
2. While they’re soaking, process the onions (quartered) in your food processor with the finest (smallest) slicing blade (not the chopping/normal ‘S’ blade). Should make long thin strips/slices of onions (julienne). Set aside in a very large bowl.
3. Change your food processor blade to the finest grating blade you have and process the carrots. Add to the bowl with the sliced onions.
4. If soak time has passed, put soaked flax seeds and the soak water into your blender. Refill the pint glass with water and add that water to blender also. Blend for just a bit. It will become a thick gel/cream with a few whole flax seeds and bits of all sizes.
5. Pour flax cream blend into bowl with onions and carrots. Add the olive oil and the salt.
6. Stir very well with large spoon. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. While waiting, cover 3 Excalibur dehydrator trays with cling film or use teflex sheets. Divide your mixture evenly between the 3 trays and spread out evenly on each one, just less than a half inch thick.
8. Place into dehydrator and run until dried well on top. Flip onto normal uncovered trays and continue to dehydrate until almost crispy. It’s best to cut it about two hours after you flip it before it gets too crispy. As an option, try stopping one tray before it dries all the way and leave those squares more flexible.
Chriscarlton's ThoughtsBy chriscarlton
Light crispy edges and buttery, yet chewy and strong.
This one’s got it all!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Buy Passports, Drivers license,ID Cards,Visas:(whatsapp..+1(604)373-1713)etctatayuy - 23 hours 24 min ago
Dehydrated applesClaireT - 2 days 22 hours ago
b12 and raw/veganireenaj - 6 days 12 hours ago
My husband has THE problemGianLowsonn - 1 week 9 hours ago
Help!! Recurring Herpes Outbreaksangelikaitravel - 1 week 9 hours ago