Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
Flesh from 1 young coconut
Water from the coconut
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1-2 very ripe bananas (Ripe is to replace bananas that would be simmered in the coconut milk in the cooked version, so you want nice soft ones)
Raw peanuts (optional)
1. Place the flesh from the young coconut in your blender.
2. Top up the jug to the 1 cup mark with water or water from the coconut.
3. Add agave syrup to taste, plus a pinch of salt. Blend. If it seems too thick, add a little more water.
4. Pour into two bowls.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to each bowl and leave for at least 10 minutes, so the chia seeds absorb some of the liquid and go soft and gelatinous.
6. Add slices of pretty ripe banana. Top with raw peanuts (optional).
Denzildragon's ThoughtsBy denzildragon
A raw version of chè chuõi--banana, coconut, and tapioca pearl soup--I came up with.
The original is a popular street food in Vietnam.
The gelatinous chia seeds replace the larger gelatinous tapioca pearls.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Hair Losszenagen - 3 hours 53 min ago
Would like some recommendations/suggestions/advice?Ivhav - 11 hours 4 min ago
Greenwood/Admin HelpIvhav - 11 hours 35 min ago
What to take hiking/camping?Ivhav - 11 hours 47 min ago
What is the best food to prevent Acne? Best acne prevent food.maminimu - 16 hours 30 min ago