½ cup macadamia nuts or cashews
½ cup shredded dry coconut
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 cups young coconut meat
½ cup virgin coconut oil
¼ cup agave nectar (to taste)
Coconut water (if needed)
1 tablespoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or seeds from half a vanilla bean)
1 to 2 bananas (sliced in 1/2 inch slices)
1. Blend ingredients in a food processor. Add more agave if needed to make the crust sticky.
2. Line pie pan with saran wrap and press crust on top. Place in freezer while making the filling.
3. Blend the rest of the ingredients, except banana slices, in a blender until smooth. Make sure there is enough liquid to have the ingredients swirling in a vortex. Add coconut water, if needed. (I personally add 1-2 cups coconut water, regardless.)
4. Take crust out from the freezer and place sliced bananas on top of the crust. Pour filling on top of bananas.
5. Place in freezer for 3-4 hours to set.
6. Using saran wrap, lift pie from pan and place on a pie plate. Cover sides of pie with dry coconut flakes.
COCONUT CREAM TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
7. Add a coconut cream topping by running the meat of a mature coconut through a heavy juicer. The “juice” will have the consistency similar to whipped cream.
8. Spread cream on top of pie filling before placing pie in the freezer. I found this step to be a lot of work. The mature coconut is really hard to work with and not worth the effort for just a little bit of cream. I made this recipe a second time without the cream, and it was just as good!
Jocelynaz's ThoughtsBy jocelynaz
This is an amazing banana coconut cream pie. It is so easy to make and truly is better than the cooked version!
A friend of ours, who is not a fan of banana cream pie, absolutely loved this pie.
The original recipe I am giving is for a mini-springform pan size.
I tripled the crust recipe to fill a normal size pan. You can double the filling if you want. It will depend on how much coconut water you add. I personally did not need to double the filling recipe because I added more coconut water.
I also drizzle raw cacao syrup over each individual slice. Mmmmm.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note