6 bananas (sliced, freeze for at least 12 hours)
1 cup blueberries (frozen)
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Allow the bananas to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly.
2. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor to make a soft and smooth ‘ice cream’. This may take a couple of minutes, and you will need to stop it a couple of times to scrape down the sides.
3. Serve immediately.
Miss_Best's ThoughtsBy Miss_Best
To celebrate the arrival of early summer here in Sweden, I would love to share with you a yummy, cooling recipe.
No ice-cream machine needed! If you have a freezer and a food processor, you are all set.
Pre-freeze the bananas over night or so and when the urge calls, throw everything into the food processor and you have a gorgeous dessert in about 5 minutes (including washing up!).
Now how cool is that? (ha ha!) And if that wasn’t enough, this dessert is fat-free, and also free from added sugar, dairy, nuts, and soya!
You can perhaps see why I eat this dessert all the time! :)
Enjoy this delicious frozen desserts as it is or top with goodies such as:
• Raisins or goji berries
• Chopped nuts (raw, not roasted)
• Dried coconut
• Sliced fresh peaches or berries
• Fresh fruit salad
• Chocolate chips, carob chips, or raw cacao nibs
• Agave or maple syrup
• Mix yellow raisins, chopped dates, gojis, raisins--so pretty!
• Melted raw chocolate. Drizzle this on your ice cream. It sets and goes all crispy.
Enjoy, and have a wonderful weekend! :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note