YieldServes 1 generously
3 cup fresh spinach, chopped
2 pint cherry tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, grated
1 ear of corn, de-kernelled
½ cucumber, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 head romaine
1 chayote, sliced into chips
2 baby carrots, shredded [garnish]
1 tablespoon daikon, grated [garnish]
2 sprigs cilantro, [garnish]
~ ~ ~
½ cup daikon
1 bunch cilantro
2 pint cherry tomatoes,
2 green onions
~ ~ ~
¾ cup salsa [above]
1 small avocado or 1/2 large, mushed w/ fork
drizzle of lime
sprinkle of sunshine
pound of laughs
box of love
1) Turn on your favourite tunes [yes I’m Canadian, prepare for some British spelling!]
2) In your favourite salad bowl layer the following in this order: spinach, zucchini, corn. Decorate as desired with romaine leaves around the brim of the bowl. Sprinkle garnishes on top [carrot, daikon, cilantro]/
3) In a food processor roughly chop the 1/2 cup daikon and green onion. Then add in the cilantro and pulse until blended. Finally, briefly pulse the mixture with the cherry tom’s.
4) Mix 3/4 cup of the salsa with the avocado. Drizzle with lime.
5) Drop the salsa and guac onto the salad around the circumference of the bowl, or as you prefer.
6) Stick chayote chips into the pretty mess half-hazardly.
7) Eat with your hands by candle light:)
the romaine leaves and chayote chips make it possible to eat this by hand!
Note: if you don’t have a food processor, no worries! You can grate daikon, chop the cilantro and green onion and tom’s, and then mix by hand. Just as good.
Cina's ThoughtsBy cina
nut free, spice free, salt free, garlic free… flavour… expensive? (can be done without a food processor)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 2 days 15 hours ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 2 days 15 hours ago
Raw Food and my Bunkum Gallbladdersandiko - 3 days 22 hours ago
Alkaline water - healthy or not?TammiTrue - 4 days 15 hours ago
FAQs re: Points, Leaderboard and Ranks!ClaireT - 6 days 15 hours ago