1 cup almond butter or cashew butter
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup agave nectar
¼ cup cacao butter
2 tablespoons virgin coconut butter/oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup organic walnuts
¼ cup coconut (dried; optional)
1. In a double broiler with a very low flame, slowly melt the cocoa butter with the coconut butter until liquefied.
2. Add all the ingredients, except the walnuts and dried coconut, to a food processor or blender and combine slowly. You can also mix it by hand with a whisk.
3. If you want to use the walnuts or dried coconut or other ingredients like dried cherries, gently fold them into the batter by hand.
4. Pour the batter into a square glass cake pan or brownie pan.
5. Place the pan in the fridge for several hours until it firms up.
6. With a knife, cut up the fudge into 2 inch squares or any other shape or size and transfer to a serving plate to indulge.
EMH's ThoughtsBy EMH
This healthy treat is very versatile with different ingredients and measurements. Play around with it.
You may prefer to try other butters with it like cashew or macadamia nut. Or leave out the coconut if you don’t like the subtle coconut flavor.
However, I find the addition of the coconut butter to make it far lighter and creamier.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note