Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldAbout 15 cakes
2 cups butternut squash
1/2 cup apricots (softened, dried)
1 teaspoon allspice
Dash of salt
1 cup buckwheat or spelt flour
1 tablespoon lucuma
Pinch of salt
Squeeze of lemon
1 cup milk
1. To make the squash cakes, process all ingredients together except raisins. Check for sweetness, adding a little agave syrup if needed.
2. Toss in a few raisins if you would like something chewy in the cakes.
3. Place spoonfuls on Teflex sheets (like rock buns) and leave in dryer at 145 Fahrenheit for about an hour.
4. Turn them over and dry until a little firm on the inside but moist on the inside.
5. For the custard, blend ingredients until creamy, adding a little warm water for desired custard consistency.
6. Serve with lucuma/pear/banana custard. Yum!
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Lovely, soft cakes made with seasonal ingredients for Halloween or tea time!
I’ve been making variations of these lately as the autumn weather and dark nights kick in here in Bonnie, Scotland.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 4 days 1 hour ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 4 days 1 hour ago
Raw Food and my Bunkum Gallbladdersandiko - 5 days 8 hours ago
Alkaline water - healthy or not?TammiTrue - 6 days 1 hour ago
FAQs re: Points, Leaderboard and Ranks!ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago