Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
4 cups butternut squash (peeled, seeded, diced)
2 cups coconut milk (water and meat of young coconut(s) pureed)
4 dates (pitted)
1 large, ripe banana
1 teaspoon curry (yellow is best)
¼ teaspoon allspice, dry ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, or red chili flakes, (approximately to your taste)
Sprinkle of salt
1. Place diced squash in warm water (under 120 F) to pre-heat. This will also soften it a bit
2. Blend in Vita-mixer (or other strong blender).
3. Drain squash retaining soaking water.
4. Add warmed squash and blend until creamy adding a little bit of warm soaking water as needed to keep blending.
5. Serve in pre-warmed bowls with a sprinkle of finely chopped walnuts or pecans for garnish, if desired.
1Christine's ThoughtsBy 1Christine
Warming, satisfying, and creamy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
buckwheat sprout toxicity?martinj - 2 days 2 min ago
Any low fat recipes? Awful lot of nuts in almost everythingJADAMZ - 3 days 4 hours ago
Shower Filterlizh7 - 5 days 5 hours ago
Eye CareSarah_the_Bee - 1 week 1 day ago
Alternative to nutritional yeastClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago