Raw flax cracker recipe
Shelf Life7 days in fridge
YieldTwo dehydrator trays
- 1. Add all ingredients to food processor. Process well, until quite well blended but still chunky. 40 seconds or so.
- 2. Spread onto two dehydrator sheets. Use parchment paper or Teflex sheets. (For the love of God, never use waxed paper!)
- 3. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 115. After one hour score the crackers with a knife so that they’ll be easier to separate later. Dehydrate for another 6 hours at 105. After 6 hours flip crackers and remove parchment paper or Teflex sheets. Dehydrate for one more hour at 105 until dry and cracker-like!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw flax cracker recipes... Yeah, I know, there are a zillion of recipes for raw flax dehydrator crackers online. But how many of them are actually really good standby recipes that you want to make again and again? For me, this is my favorite raw flax cracker recipe -- hands down.
What makes this recipe special? As always, I like how there aren't very many ingredients in it. But somehow, I think because of the walnuts, these crackers have a very nice, hearty, satisfying weight to them.
I like to eat one or two of these crackers when I'm feeling as though I need a raw flax cracker recipe that'll really fill me up... and that tastes great, too.
Do not use a high-speed blender for this recipe. A food processor will work much better. Dehydrating times can vary wildly depending on the season, the humidity and your dehydrator. The best thing to do is hang out at home and check on them every couple of hours until you get the hang of making crackers. Try not to nibble too much on these raw flax crackers before they're done!
Note: If you don't have a tomato, you can use an apple + 1/4 cup water instead of the tomato.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Calories, and Sodium.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin E.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, and Iron.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes