Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
2½ cups hemp hearts
2½ cups water
½ cup raw cocoa powder
1 cup agave syrup
¼ vanilla bean seeds (scraped)
2 pinches of sea salt (finely ground)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Blend everything together until creamy.
2. Chill in the freezer for an hour or two.
3. Put in your ice cream maker and follow the directions to ice creamify this deliciousness!
4. If you do not have an ice cream maker, place mixture in a shallow dish in the freezer for a couple of hours.
5. Stir every 20 – 40 minutes or when ice crystals start to appear on the side of the mixture. Make sure to scrape the sides and whip it back into a consistent texture.
6. Continue until it resembles ice cream.
VeganMomma's ThoughtsBy VeganMomma
This chocolate ice cream is so rich and creamy.
Even when frozen for more than a couple days, it still scoops easily because of the beneficial fats the hemp provides.
I like it served with ground almonds on top. They remind me of graham wafer crumbs.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 4 hours ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 1 day 4 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 1 day 12 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 3 days 4 hours ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 6 days 5 hours ago