Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
2½ cups hemp hearts
2½ cups water
½ cup raw cocoa powder
1 cup agave syrup
¼ vanilla bean seeds (scraped)
2 pinches of sea salt (finely ground)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Blend everything together until creamy.
2. Chill in the freezer for an hour or two.
3. Put in your ice cream maker and follow the directions to ice creamify this deliciousness!
4. If you do not have an ice cream maker, place mixture in a shallow dish in the freezer for a couple of hours.
5. Stir every 20 – 40 minutes or when ice crystals start to appear on the side of the mixture. Make sure to scrape the sides and whip it back into a consistent texture.
6. Continue until it resembles ice cream.
VeganMomma's ThoughtsBy VeganMomma
This chocolate ice cream is so rich and creamy.
Even when frozen for more than a couple days, it still scoops easily because of the beneficial fats the hemp provides.
I like it served with ground almonds on top. They remind me of graham wafer crumbs.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
I like to use it exclusively in smoothiespetertohen - 1 day 2 hours ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?More2095 - 1 day 13 hours ago
Lunchbox ideas?renib - 2 days 19 hours ago
Newborn baby formula?renib - 2 days 19 hours ago
Organic Wearrenib - 2 days 19 hours ago